Terms & Conditions
The term 'Lil' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Old Castle, East Saltoun, Tranent, East Lothian, EH34 5DY. Our company registration number is 595686. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
1. We hope you are happy with your purchase. However, we do understand that sometimes you may change your mind, so should you wish to return an item, we will be happy to offer a refund or exchange provided the item is unused and in the same condition as you received it, including any product packaging (not postal packaging).
2. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 7 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made.
3. Please note that unless the item is damaged or faulty or there was an error on our part, the costs of returning the item are non refundable. We cannot accept responsibility for goods in transit or returned goods that do not arrive. We recommend that you obtain proof of posting from the Post Office, or use a signed for service.
4. Once the item has been received and inspected by us we will refund the price of the item using the same method originally used by you to pay for it, or exchange the product if an exchange has been requested.
5. We regret that the following items are non-returnable for hygiene reasons, unless faulty; toothbrushes and other oral products.
6. None of the above conditions affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described.
Delivery & Packaging
FREE POSTAGE by royal mail second class for orders over £30,
FREE COLLECTION from our premises for any order amount, (by arrangement - please select the click & collect option at checkout and contact us to arrange a time – thanks).
Details of our regular mail options are as follows:
Royal Mail - Second Class Post - £2.95 + 35p per item (free over £30). Orders will be posted within 2 working day, delivery in 3 - 5 days. We will always obtain proof of posting with this service but there is no tracking and no proof of delivery.
Royal Mail – First Class Post - £3.45 + 45p per item. Orders will be posted within 2 working day. Delivery in 1-3 days. We will always obtain proof of posting with this service but there is no tracking and no proof of delivery.
Please note: Royal Mail’s policy is that they only try to deliver once, and then it is up to the recipient to collect it from their local Sorting Office.
Lil only delivers to the UK. This is to keep our carbon footprint down. Our apologies for any inconvenience. If you need help finding a low impact retailer closer to home do get in touch.
Our Pledge on Packaging
We understand how frustrating it is to order a low/zero waste product and have it arrive in 15 layers of packaging, often plastic!
To try and minimise waste Lil’s packaging follows the following practices:
Where possible we reuse packaging which we have received from our suppliers– so your parcel may not look too pretty!
We use recycled paper to package your products safely inside the box - no bubble wrap or foam peanuts.
We use compostable paper tape made from brown 100% recycled paper - totally biodegradable tape that can be recycled or composted with your box.
Where we do need to use new boxes these will always be made from recycled cardboard.
Our postage labels are printed on recycled paper.
We ask that our customers please reuse, recycle, or compost any packaging we send your way :) If you need any advice on this – just ask.
We offer local customers the option to collect their purchases from us free of charge with prior arrangement, it all helps!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about delivery or packaging. If for any reason your order does not arrive as expected please email us quoting your order number, and we will investigate as soon as possible.